The Venerable Master had Eighteen Vows. They are all very great, just like Earth Store Bodhisattva’s vows:
“If the hells are not empty I will not become a Buddha.” Therefore we should cultivate diligently and not make the Venerable Master wait too long. I have never seen anyone who could replace such a wonderful high Sanghan. I’m really sad, because I left the home-life only a year ago, and now the Venerable Master has entered Nirvana. The Venerable Master was so compassionate that he came to this Saha world and took the sufferings of living beings upon himself.
What the Venerable Master liked best was to see us all cultivating diligently, holding the Six Principles, and changing all our bad habits, especially me. I resolve to fulfill the following vows:
1. I vow to respect all people.
2. I vow that I will not argue with anybody.
3. I vow that I will be filial to my parents.
4. I vow that I will not blame others.
5. I vow that I will change my big temper.
6. I vow that I will not look for others’ bad points.
7. I vow that in every life I will follow the Venerable Master’s teaching.