3.馬鈴薯、地瓜去皮切片、紅蘿蔔去皮切丁，隔水蒸熟，馬鈴薯、地 瓜趁熱搗成泥狀，待涼後，拌入作法1.（除核桃），同時加入適量沙 拉醬拌均勻。
DRBBDS Walnut and Chinese Date Paste Cake
1. Crushed walnuts 375g (preferably the organically grown walnuts produced by the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas)
2. Malt 675g, brown granulated sugar 50g, sea salt 5g, water 50g
3. Chinese date paste 300g
4. Red bean paste 150g
5. Corn starch 37.5g, water 65g
6. Oil 25g (salad oil, osmanthus oil or other non-fragrant oil, so as not to affect the original flavor.)
A. Bake ingredients (1) in the oven at 150°C (300°F) for 10 minutes. Keep warm.
B. Put ingredients (2) in a stainless steel pot and stir over low heat.
C.When they are thoroughly and evenly mixed, add ingredients (3) and (4) and stir carefully until there are no lumps.
D.Mix ingredients (5) evenly before adding it slowly to the mixture while stirring.
E.When it has been mixed evenly, add ingredient (6) and stir continuously for 15 minutes.
F.Place a small portion into cold water and when it has cooled and attained the consistency that is slightly harder than the earlobe.
G.add ingredients (1) .
H.Mix evenly as fast as possible.
I. Pour the mixture out on nonstick paper and flatten.Let it cool.
J.Cut into moderate lengths.
K.Wrap individually in brown rice paper and place in a bag.
*Some people do not use red bean paste. If only Chinese date paste is used, the cake tastes slightly like Chinese medicine. Red bean paste improves the taste.
*The above ingredients yield a cake of about 2.5 lbs.
Walnuts 20g (preferably the organically grown walnuts produced by the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas), brown rice ½ cup, original flavor brown rock sugar (as needed).
Crush walnuts to a fine consistency. Soak brown rice overnight, cook halfway using as much water as needed, then add crushed walnuts. Gently heat over a slow fire until mixture thickens, then add original flavor rock sugar and stir evenly until sugar has melted.
This porridge can improve the spleen and benefit the stomach, remedy the kidneys and strengthen the waist, moisten the lungs and cure coughs. It can be eaten in the morning or at night. However, people with phlegm or heat should consume less of it.
Walnuts 100g (preferably the organically grown walnuts produced by the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas), 10 red dates, wolfberry seeds 20g, 1 apple, ½ bowl corn kernels, 2 potatoes, 1 sweet potato, 1 carrot, 1 cucumber, purple cabbage 2 leaves, crumpled-leaf lettuce 1-2 stalks, salad dressing.
1. Bake walnuts slightly over a slow fire. Wash red dates, remove the seeds and cut lengthwise. Wash wolfberry seeds and let dry. Peel apple (not necessary if organically grown), cut into cubes and soak in salt water. Cut cucumber into cubes.
2. Wash purple cabbage and cut into strips. Wash crumpled-leaf lettuce and let dry.
3. Peel potatoes and sweet potato and cut into slices. Peel carrot and cut into cubes. Steam them until cooked, and while still hot, mash the potatoes and sweet potato. When they have cooled, pour in the ingredients (1) (except the walnuts) and at the same time add a suitable amount of salad dressing and mix evenly.
4. Line the bottom of a tray with crumpled-leaf lettuce. Line the sides of the tray with the purple cabbage strips, and pour the mixture from (3) into the center of the tray. Sprinkle the crushed walnuts on top.
◎The cucumber should be scrubbed with a little salt to slightly marinate it. This method produces a fine flavor and is worth trying out.